1. I'm an inconsistent meditator, but Mary Meckley's Daily Meditation podcast is AMAZING! Published seven days a week, these short meditation sessions are designed around a weekly theme, such as releasing anxiety, cultivating joy, or improving focus. Follow along daily, or search the past themes to get a meditation that it tailored to what you need right now. No time to sit and meditate? There's even walking meditations for you to listen to on the way to the train, bus, or even in the grocery store. Check it out at Mary's website, Sip and Om
2. Eshu Martin's Living Zen podcast is one that I don't listen to as often, but holy cow, he nails it last week with his episode "Joy and Fun in Zen", where he reflects on his role as both the leader of a Zen Monastary in Canada, AND a musical theatre actor. It came during show week for me, and was JUST what I needed to hear in the midst of the chaos. Plus, you can't beat a monk who swears like a trucker. You'll find this specific episode right here.
3. Delicious and nutritious food! As some of you may know, I'm following an autoimmune protocol diet, which is a stricter version of the Paleo diet to help manage psoriasis (more on this in a future post), and I'm indebted to so many food bloggers who keep me supplied with amazing and healthy recipes while I'm doing the elimination phase of the protocol. My favorites this week were He Won't Know It's Paleo's healthy Shamrock Shake, Sweet Treats plantain chip chicken, and Autoimmune Paleo's zucchini pasta with bacon pesto . Already planning my menu for next week!
4. I'm loving Aziz Ansari's Instagram account! I may not be able to eat pasta on my current protocol, but that doesn't mean I can't drool over Aziz's pasta pics from his current sojourn in gorgeous Italy. I highly recommend it. If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and head to Netflix to watch his hilarious and heartwarming series, Master of None. This guy's on a roll.
5. This infomercial spoof from the awesome Jason Isbell, courtesy of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Nothing better than a truly talented musician using his skills to make fun of his own music genre. One of the highlights of my week!
I've recently joined Instagram, so if you're into that sort of thing, you can find me at theperpetualvisitor. Quotes, theatre photos, and cat pics guaranteed!